|Senator Uresti Event hosted by Dr. Fernando and Martha Lopez
|Problems with the New Nuclear Cardiology Codes?
Effective January 1, 2010, the billing for myocardial perfusion imaging (SPECT and planar) has changed. Practices must use CPT® codes (78451-78454) to report these procedures. Is your practice using the new codes and having problems with getting paid or receiving correct reimbursement for your nuclear cardiology studies? If you are having difficulties or questions, please let us know at the ACC Payer Hassle Factor Form.
New Nuclear Cardiology codes: What you should know
• The new 2010 Cardiology CPT® Codes
• Insurer contracts: Provisions in your insurer contracts that may affect reimbursement
- Is there language in the contract that governs the fee schedule? Is this language linked to a specific year?
- Does the contract incorporate CMS changes automatically?
- Is reimbursement tied to Work RVUs only, or are practice expenses and practice liability insurance also included?
- Does the contract require advance notice for fee schedule changes?
For more tips for reviewing your provider contracts, please visit the MPI Coding: Assessing the Current Situation Page.
|Press Release: December 3, 2009
Gov. Perry: The Future of Innovation and Technology is in Texas
Click here to view the testimonies FOR and AGAINST HB 2599.
Photo by Jim Lincoln
ACC Campaign for Patient Access
Texas Election Guide
Click here to view the letter to Senator Cornyn regarding Health Care Reform
Below are letters to the State Health Services in response to errors in proposed rules.
Click here to view the letter from Rick Snyder, MD.
Click here to view the letter from the Presidents of Texas Chapter - American College of Cardiology, Texas Medical Association, and Texas Neurological Society.
If you have questions regarding the latest details on Advocacy efforts of the TX Chapter ACC, please contact:
Jaime Capelo, Lobbyist
Law Offices of Jaime Capelo
401 West 15th Street, Suite 870
Austin, Texas 78701